Name of Programme/Fund: OFICINA
Priority Sectors for Funding: ICT-High Tech
Range of services offered: Mission
Ofiçina is a strategic initiative focused in supporting Albania’s transition to a knowledge-based economy. Its mission is to invest in, incubate, and help develop a new-technology industry in Albania.
• Promotes entrepreneurship
• Helps early stage high tech start-ups thrive
• Brings commercially viable technologies and business to local and global market.
• Supports employment of youngsters in a growing ICT industry.
• Ofiçina runs an Annual Accelerator Programme for high tech startups and organises an array of programs and events for new entrepreneurs, professional and to develop their business skills and utilization of e-skills and networking.
• The programme accelerates learning, introduces to great thought leaders and mentors, and connects with new collaborators and other entrepreneurs.
• The applicant presents the business model and they utilize their experts, mentors and business professionals to refine it.
• Application of the “lean Startup Concept”. There is nothing worse than building a product nobody wants and that’s why they validate. Once they have a minimum viable product, they work closely with users to gain critical feedback and utilize analytics for even deeper insights. They refine as required and prepare for launch.
• Oficina provides not just an ergonomic seating and high-speed internet: it is positioned in a quiet location close to the centre of Tirana. The Co-working space offers office desks set up and ready to use, including PC or lap top, broad band internet, printing, photocopying and teleconference facilities. Ofiçina also include dedicated areas for project teams with all the facilities; a fully equipped large conference and exhibition space hosting up to 50 people as well as meeting and training rooms, teleconference studio, and lounges. There is broad band internet across the building and in the outdoor recreational areas. The space offers all the modern comfort yet maintain the spirit of the old workshop using recycled equipment from the old technical school that are embedded into its open and modern interior.
Terms of funding: At the time being OFICINA does not take any equity.
OFICINA also provides with the opportunity to pitch in front of investors. But, they cannot guarantee you will receive funding.
The DSPF project DIY-ACCEL is part-financed by the European Union and the city of Vienna